Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Wed. Feb. 6, 2019 Happy Birthday in Heaven to my honey




Today we should have been celebrating my husband's birthday, but sadly he passed away 2 years ago.  Since he was Dutch (born in Holland) and we even honeymooned in The Netherlands, I decided to make this card in memory of my sweetheart. On the inside is a stamped windmill to expand on the love we shared and to remember all the windmills we visited on the days we went to the Tulip fields.  I have so many great memories and will always cherish them. We married on my birthday in 2001, which made my 50th so very special!


Yes, the stripes are the colors of the Dutch Flag., and I still have our Wooden Shoes too.  Thank you for letting me share this memory with you today.

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Such a sweet, sweet card to remember your adoring husband, Karen. Memories of those we've loved and left us are so precious. Sending you hugs and love.

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a great post dedicated to your guy. I can't believe it has been 2 years!

Donna said...

Karne, how special this is! And while he waits for you in heaven you have all those fond memories of him. Beautifully done. So sorry for your loss. The good ones always leave us too young. Wishing you peace,

Total Pageviews