Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thurs. Mar. 3, 2011 Thanks Cuz!

Today is my cousin's birthday.  She is an artist and is very talented. Her paintings are fabulous!  I was her flower girl over 50 years ago.



She now lives in North Carolina, and I haven't seen her since they celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary 2 1/2 years ago.  You may be wondering why I'm telling you this. 
Well, about 5 years ago I decided to make a birthday card for her. Since she is an artist, I wanted it to be very special!  So I headed off to Michael's to get some "stuff".  I bought a box of folded cs, some dp and a bunch of  those gorgeous 3D stickers (by Jolene, I think).  I bought a little artist, a little paint palette, some paintbrush stickers, etc. When I checked out I was way over $20 for that card. She loved it BTW, but I figured I could make cards for way less than that. So, after spending thou$and$ filling up my studio- I believe I can make a birthday card for less.  Are you laughing along with me here?
I mailed her card on Monday, so am waiting to hear how she likes the one I made for her this year!
I owe Dottie many thanks for spurring me into the hobby/addiction I now have.  Really- I am so grateful to be practicing my creativity and to have so many new online friends through crafting! Thank you followers!!!!!

Now onto today's card.  It is a sneak peek of a new Mark's Finest Papers stamp set, called "Just Dandy".  It is being released Tues 3/8/2011, during the hop! It also was for the SCS Challenge SC322. It's difficult to see here, but the dandelion was heat embossed in gold. The bg panel was made using the rubber band and brayer technique and Distress inks.

I appreciate you visiting today!

1 comment:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous use of different techniques, texture -- overall fabulous card! My question? WHAT's THE CUZ CARD look like???? lol

Total Pageviews