Monday, August 1, 2011

Mon. Aug. 1, 2011 STVFRICB1 Lazy Summer Challenge Card

Good morning and happy Monday!

Some of you may have seen this one in my gallery at STV already, but I wanted to share it again, for those of you who may have missed it. I am very happy with how this one turned out. White, kraft and shells screams beach front to me!
Carolina challenged us to use a stamped image on a card, but without coloring the image.  I used images from Melanie's "Gifts from the Sea" stamp set, stamped with ink, and the bottom row stamped and heat embossed with white EP.
I have a cute story to share below the photo.


DH and I have a lake home, that we bought back in '97.  Back then my granddaughter was about 7 years old.
As a child I spent many summers on the adjoining lake, at my aunt and uncle's house.  There were many shells in the lakes at that time, and I, like so many other city kids, used to collect them.
Sadly, I haven't seen any in either lake in a gazillion years.  However, when my GD was coming to visit, we'd take a trip to Michael's and purchase a bag of larger size shells.  We placed them on the shore and in the shallow water close by.  She was so excited to find them and take them home.  After 3-4 summers of this ritual, my GD said to her mom-"I'm starting to think that Grandma and CJ have something to do with these shells!!"   I think we waited another year before coming 'clean'.  LOL  It sure was fun for all, while it lasted, and a wonderful family memory!
  Thanks for stopping by and letting me share!

4 comments:

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, Karen and fun memories. Thanks for sharing.

Colleen Dietrich said...

The seashells are beautiful and the tan is a really nic ecolor for the seashells. Thanks for playing with Speed'y Friends!

Rosie Guiher said...

Great card Karen! And love the story!

nicke said...

thats such a lovely memory xx

Total Pageviews