Friday, September 2, 2011

Fri. Sept. 2, 2011 Peaches and Nectarines

No card to share today, however I do have some repurposed boxes to show you.  We buy peaches and nectarines at Sam's Club a lot of times during the year.  For months, I was throwing out the boxes they came in- but always with a tinge of regret.  They are super sturdy, but hadn't thought of what to do with them until a few weeks ago. DUH!
So I painted two of them, and papered two with some patterned paper.  All were then coated with Mod Podge, to give them a nice finish.  Oh, I forget to mention that these boxes stack beautifully.There are sturdy little tabs that stick up and interlock with the box on top.  I have decided to use them for new paper packs, embellishments and ribbons, etc.  So often I buy new things, then 'hoard' them because they are not in full view, but now I have them close at hand and easy to use them.
Sorry for such a long post, but I hope you enjoy seeing this photo.  Who knows, you may be inspired to try something similar. Thanks for popping in today!


1 comment:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Excellent recycling and USEFUL end result!!

Total Pageviews