Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sun. May 29, 2011 Ivory and Ebony & One Love Challenge

I can't believe it is Memorial Day weekend already?  We haven't had much of a Spring here-it's been cold and rainy, but predictions for today say 88°. After all the destruction around the country from the tornadoes, there is no complaining here.  My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to all that were affected!


Today's card is a birthday card using Theresa's "Hope Grows" stamp set and Gina's "Spring Mix" for the sentiment.  The bird is a Cricut die cut. I colored the pearls with a gray Copic marker.



My second card to share today in a one layer card for Donna Baker's challenge "gkdmay11bd" at StampTV. 

This is what Donna wrote:
My challenge to you (and for those of you who LOVE to layer, this WILL be a challenge, hee!) is to show your ONE LOVE by making a ONE layer card with the following restrictions: use ONE image stamp, ONE sentiment stamp (but you can stamp them more than once), and only ONE embellishment (but you can use it more than once such as 3 brads). Liquid pearls, stickles, glitter pens, etc. do not count as an embellishment here, they count as 'accents' .

Here is my take on the challenge.  I used the sofa stamp and sentiment from Nina's "Fine Furnishings Additions" stamp set. The wall decor is a brad that has been hanging around my craft room for eons!



****** There's a Summer Party going on at The Outlawz. There are lots of awesome prizes.  Just click on the banner on the upper right on this page. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your cards are gorgeous and I don't think I could do one layer!! Thank you for posting our flyer of The Outlawz!
Hugz
Colleen

Vicki Dutcher said...

Ohh that b&w card is so pretty -- love the couch!

Total Pageviews