Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thurs. 2/9/2012 Release Party challenge cards

Did you attend Gina K's Release party on the 31st?  Fabulous new stamps, beautiful samples by the DT, and so much fun chatting with everyone.  I had a fun time and enjoyed it a lot.

 There were two card challenges and today I am sharing the cards I submitted.  First was Lori challenge to use 'designer paper' dp on a card.  I used a cut file and my Silhouette Cameo to cut the sentiment panel. I stamped leaves from Theresa's Whimsical Wishes set around the border of the panel.  I then cut out the flower petals and built this fun little flower!


The second was a sketch challenge and was given to us by Jennie. I decided to use the sketch to make a masculine Valentine for my hubby.  The color palette I used reminded me of a big velvet heart box filled with chocolates!!  The heart image is from Tami Mayberry's Happy Hearts stamp set, and the itty bitty 'love you' sentiment is from Gina K's "True Love" set.

3 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Wow, Karen, two beautiful card. Great flower on your first card and I adore everything about the second card especially the arrow. Enjoy your day.

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Great cards the both of them - love the papers you used and the layouts are fab!

Carla S. said...

Beautiful cards, Karen! Wonderful designs for both!

Total Pageviews