Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wed. Nov. 2, 2011 Snowman Ornament

Hello Blogger buddies!

 All of last year, I wanted to purchase Tim Holtz's Snowman die.  I finally got it, so today I  have to share one of them with you. 
I wanted him to be sturdy, so I cut 4 layers for the body out of cereal box cardboard and glued all the layers together.  I painted on a couple of coats of gesso, followed with white acrylic paint.  I did the same with his hat. scarf and arms-but only two layers thick, and colored these with Copics. I attached the ribbon in between the two hat layers with Glossy Accents.
I made four of these, and they came together rather quickly after I had all the parts cut.  Thank you for stopping by!   ...Karen

4 comments:

Rosie Guiher said...

Karen he is just adorable!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

He is snow cute! Love that staging too~

Rosy Newlun said...

He's a darling snowman :) love him!!!

Shirley said...

OMGosh! How adorable and Christmas fun too!

Total Pageviews