Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tues. Oct. 25, 2011 STVMONLM6

Lee posted a challenge about a week ago, to use snowflakes on a card.  I made two of them. The second card has snow that I drew in with a white gel pen. This card came about from an unusual circumstance.  I was playing around with some of Tim Holtz Stain and water on a piece of printed cs.  However, I over did it with the stain and the water and rather than heading to the kitchen for a paper towel, I decided to blot all the excess moisture onto a piece of white cs that was on my work table.  After I peeled the two pieces apart, the blotter piece had the most interesting pattern- kind of like snow and trees in a forest.  I went with that!


I decided to stamp some trees and a platinum heat embossed sentiment. What I did for the trees was to color the stamp itself with Copics-I did thump two colors on the branches.  Then I  lightly spritzed the stamp with alcohol, and stamped. I then added some Stickles, and was thrilled with the result!  Oh- of course the little snowflakes in the upper right corner were glued on too. LOL  Now onto card #2.



I receive Michelle Zindorf's blog in my mailbox and I saw a fascinating card that she brayered.  I have tried that before but I haven't mastered it- but I thought maybe I could achieve a similar look by sponging.  What do you think?  Close enough?
HERE is the link to Michelle's card and tutorial. Here is my card.


4 comments:

Melanie said...

That first one looks so amazing, I love the look you achieved just trying to clean up! ;)

You did a great job on your CASE of Michelle's! :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

FAB.U.LOUS. job on both cards -- so partial to the trees!!

Cheri said...

Karen....I LOVE your creations! Gorgeous! Love the "go with it" background...I've had a few of those myself and I absolutely love it when that happens. Michelle's work is fabulous and I love your sponged interpretation. Well done! Okay....five stars!!!! ;0)

Shirley said...

Wow! The BG on your first card is spectacular! Love the whole design. The dog is absolutely perfect! Every bit as wonderful and the Zindorf!

Total Pageviews