Friday, December 2, 2011

Fri. Dec. 2, 2011 Gift Box = Ornament

I have been busy making gift box ornaments, for a friend that requested them.  I will be sharing them with you over the next few days.

I started by using the Sizzix Shaker Box die. The finished box is approximately 2.75 x 2.75 x 3/4 ".  I punched a hole at the top, to thread the ribbon hanger. The rose is one given me by my fiend Cheri Weston.  I needed a closer match to the PTI ribbon/bow, so I watered down some TH Picket Fence stain and brushed the entire flower. The front of this box opens like a book, and there is a window inside to show off the contents. The pleated ribbon is attached to the belly band to keep the box closed. 

If you have any questions, make sure you include your email address, so I can respond to you!

Glad you stopped in!

2 comments:

Carla S. said...

This is gorgeous, Karen! I love the DP, ribbon and wonderful rose! You are rocking the ornaments, that's for sure!

Cheri said...

Karen, I LOVE how you created the matching color for the ribbon. Great idea! It looks fabulous. Love, love, love your box too. I saw that die on a shopping trip and decided not to buy it - now I wish I had!!!! ;-(

Total Pageviews