Friday, November 19, 2010

Fri. Nov. 19, 2010 Color Challenge card

Happy Friday everyone!


My card for today is for the color challenge at StampTV- (stvcsp2).  Gina challenged us to make a card using green apple, lipstick red, and white.
The focal image from Melanie's Year of Borders stamp set, available at Gina K Designs. 


I made the back panel by cutting 1/2" strips from cs that I embossed with my Cuttlebug.  I took a 7" piece of painter's tape and placed sticky side up on my workspace, turning under the ends to adhere to the mat.  I then placed the alternating colors down on an angle on the tape.  I trimmed the excesses and then cut the piece length-wise.  I alternated so that the colors were off-set, and attached them to a piece of black cs.

I am so glad you stopped by!


1 comment:

Donna said...

Such a simple concept but it makes a wonderful addition to the card! Love the way you did the background piece. Thanks for sharing that technique! Have a great weekend!

Total Pageviews