Sunday, November 7, 2010

Release Party Challenges 1 and 3 and Card Patterns 89


Well- Here were are-just before we left for our neighbor's Halloween Party last night.  I actually had fun making our costumes this year. I wish you all many blessings.



I hope you are having a beautiful Sunday. I  received more good news yesterday.  Two more of my cards will be published in Scrapbook News and Review magazine- the Holiday 2010 Edition, which will debut on November 28th, 2010. 
Each issue has 4 times the content than the size of any in-print magazine on the market! It's also earth-friendly and you don't have to worry about storing magazines or finding an inspiring project -- it's all easy to find and easy to enjoy! 

I have finished 2 of the 3 challenges from Gina K's Release Party.
First up is the one for Theresa's Odd Challenge.  I am odd, so this one was appropriate-LOL.
I used three flowers, along with a sentiment from Melanie's "Buds and Vases" set which I mounted behind a cut out label from Gina's "Labeled with Love" set. The dp pieces are from my stash.


My next card is for Lee's non-traditional Christmas card challenge.  All the images are from "Baby's First Christmas" by Asela Hopkins.  I colored them with Copics.
This is also for the challenge at Card Patterns #89.

I appreciate you visiting!

8 comments:

Selma said...

Hi Karen. Just noticed you now have a blog. Congratulations. I love your work and so happy to see you blogging. What a cute Halloween picture. Congratulations on being published - no surprise - your work is always gorgeous. I signed up as a follower so I can stalk you now (smile).

Donna said...

Wow! You didn't tell me you made the costumes. That's very cool! Love your cards! And congrats on being published! One of these days I might try out for something like that but there aren't enough hours in the day right now. Good luck with the challenges! Happy Sunday!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Congrats on being published AGAIN! You are on a roll and how COOL is that! YAY for you!!

Becky said...

Congratulations!! Love the costumes you made.

A Consuming Passion said...

So good to see you have a blog now Karen.......it means I can keep up with your beautiful cards! I have seen your one layer cards in the OLW challenge......all beautiful of course! Hope you're well .....looking at these pics it looks as though you're enjoying life!!! I somehow don't see you as a nun though :)

stampqueen said...

Great costumes and adorable cards. I didn't get anything done for any of the release challenges - pout - have been refinishing my kitchen cabinets and painting too so have done much of anything else for almost 2 weeks.....I am haveing stamping withdrawals!!!

Theresa's Studio said...

Great costumes. Love your cards.

Kay S said...

Karen - your Halloween costumes are a hoot! I love the addition of the ruler! Did you have to wack some people's knuckles while at the party? LOL!
Congrats on being published again Way to go!

Total Pageviews