Monday, November 22, 2010

Inspiration from a hop

I was blown away by all the talent on the Spellbinder's hop, and I spotted a project that I had to try.  I got up and made this (in the middle of hopping)- I just couldn't wait to try this. Thank you to Ashley Cannon Newell for this awesome idea.
We are going to visit some friends the Friday after Thanksgiving, and I thought this would be a great hostess gift.
 Here is the outside.   I love the look of these colors together for Autumn.














Here is a side view.

I decided to make box to go inside this one, so as not to messy this one up. This will also make it easier to transport without having the candy spill out. I will make a few note cards to go into the decorative box, after the candy is gone.

7 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

What a perfect hostess gift, your box is perfect and love the fall colors.

A Consuming Passion said...

What a great idea Karen........love your colour scheme too!

Tina said...

Fabulous!!!

Donna said...

I spotted that very same idea as a favorite. You've done a beautiful job casing it. I want to try this one too!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Karen! This is fabulous! I love the idea of cards AFTER the goodies are eaten! Excellent Hostess gift my friend!

Brenda said...

Karen this is gorgeous!! I love the papers you used and what a fab idea to use it for cards after the candy is gone.

Barbara Colbert said...

GREAT!!! Excellent idea!!! And what a surprise!!!!

Total Pageviews